Angled Leg Press (toes pointed in)
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 4:20pm
408 calories per hour
(based on a body weight of 150 lbs.)
Primary Muscles Trained:
1. Adjust the back pad angle slot to the one nearest the middle and then sit in the machine.
2. Place your feet about 6-8 inches apart on the center of the platform and your toes pointing in at 30 degree angle and grab the handles next to your hips.
3. With a good arch in your back, press the weight up and release the locks on the machine.
4. Lower the weight until your knees are at a 90 degree angle, being sure to keep your hips down on the seat, your back arched, and your knees moving out in the same direction as your feet throughout the movement.
5. Keep the bottom of your feet in full contact with the platform, but mentally focus on driving the weight up through your heels.
6. The entire motion should be done in a smooth, controlled manner that lasts about 4 seconds, with the downward movement no faster than the upward.
7. Do not bounce at the bottom of the movement and never lock your knees at the top.
Focus your mind on your thigh muscles. Feel yourself pushing through your heels.